Friday, July 19, 2019

25A

Existing Market:

What’s Next: In regards to my particular innovation, the next step would include more research, gathering volunteers, and finally implementation. Obviously I would need to figure out how exactly I am getting the food together. I think it would be really great to work with universities, starting with UF to gather volunteers. 

Customers: After speaking with my ideal, typical customer, it is clear that my next step is gathering volunteer. Additionally, supplies are a must. This would also include transportation and how exactly I would set everything up. 

The first step in the future path would be finding volunteers. After that I would follow typical protocol for building an event and using the connections I have within the community to start gathering supplies. From then on it would be scheduling the different events for the “food desert truck” to appear in commonly frequented events. 

New Market:

I can identify a more affluent part of society, one that’s filled with resources and transportation opportunities. 

Perhaps if I put the food truck at more local suburban events it could be more like a delicacy rather than a way to support basic necessities. 

After talking to one of my family members I actually think my innovation would fit in really well in a more affluent community. It would have the “farm fresh, farm to table” idea and aesthetic that is really popular. It could actually be trendy! This was actually a really interesting concept in brainstorming for this innovation. 


I was really surprised after applying my ideas to a different type of market. I had really only thought of my project as a way to bridge inequality gaps and help struggling communities combat health disparities. However, due to current social and health trends, I think a lot of people in other communities might enjoy having a supermarket fresh food truck at community events.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Megan,
    I agree that volunteer help will be a necessity to put your idea into action. I like your idea of a new market because it shows how your business can be used for different purposes. You got positive feedback on your new market idea so I definitely think it is something to consider doing when creating your business. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! I think that you have a very profitable idea if you can manage the issues with transportation, and suppling the food. This will be one of your larger issues because cheap, healthy food is hard to come by and most donated food isn’t fresh vegetables and healthy. How do you think will you handle this problem? I know you can figure it out! Best of luck

    ReplyDelete